RV Cleaning Hack: A Cheap Expense For a Clean RV Awning
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is…
In case any of our RV friends missed our stories a few weeks ago, we shared a cleaning hack for your RV’s awning. We can’t take credit for it as our dear friends @eventtechnomad shared this originally, but we wanted to share it as a post for others looking for a solid solution to clean your awnings. We did ours 2 months ago and it has remained clean. No new stains.
Here’s what you need:
1. A bucket with water and a small amount of Campo’s RV wash and wax solution (can get at Walmart)
2. A package of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Pro-tip: Mr. Clean makes a Magic Eraser Mop although we weren’t lucky enough to find one.
3. We have a large awning and it used a total of 4 erasers. Just for those who asked how many it took.
4. Time. Because I used the small eraser it took me about 2 hours or so to finish. I’m a bit of a perfectionist, so I went back over some of the spots a few times.
5. You’ll need to stretch. Seriously. I workout pretty regularly but I worked muscles I haven’t used ever in my life before…apparently. I was sore for a couple of days. Get the Mop if you can find it.
6. Ladder. In my case, we have a small ladder that didn’t quite reach even with the awning pulled down, so I used the bed of my truck. Word of warning though, a ladder is much safer. Lol.
7. Camera. Take pics and video of before and after. You’ll be blown away and want to share with friends!
Here’s What the Awning Looked Like Before:
We purchased our 2018 Coachmen Chaparral 391 qsmb new in October of 2018. Our awning had never been cleaned while we’ve been fulltiming ever since. In almost two years time, this is what the bottom of our awning looked like.
Midway Through It Started To Look New Again!
About 1 hour into using the Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean, our awning started to look new again! You can see in the image above that most of the grim and dirt came off with complete ease.
Finally! A Clean and New Looking Awning!
It worked great! A cheap and easy way to clean our awning and now we’re no longer embarrassed to extend our awning!